- Applies to most FDM/FFF printing materials
- More adhere to print bed
- Easy removal of printed items
The Keybase is a thin thermoplastic sheet which can be attached to the print bed of an FDM/FFF technology-based 3D Printer. It creates an ideal printing surface for a wide range of filaments, as numerous materials adhere very well to its surface and by that creates an optimal first layer adhesion. Through strenuous tests, Keybase has proven to stick very well to most materials.
Installing the Keybase
• Clean your print platform thoroughly and make sure it is free of any debris.
• Trim the keybase sheet to match the size of your build plate (if not already).
• Remove the white adhesive liner and apply the Pad sheet to the cleaned print platform.
• Start from one edge of the platform and work your way to the other edge, smoothing the keybase sheet with a credit card or decal applicator.
• Re-level your print surface and ensure that the nozzle height is properly set (usually between .10 and .25 mm)
Removing your print from the Keybase (Few ways to do)
a. Adjusting the heat bed temperature
Most materials can be easily removed from the keybase once the print is finished by adjusting the print bed temperature. For materials that do not require a heated bed it help to heat up the print bed to the material’s heat deflection temperature. For materials that do require a heat bed during printing it helps to let the bed cool down
completely before removing the printed object.
b. Using a spatula or putty knife
A spatula or putty knife with smooth/rounded corners can also be used. it is important to only use a spatula or putty knife with smooth/rounded corners to prevent damaging
to your keybase sheet